Saturday, June 4, 2011

Southern Summer Sun

I always eagerly anticipate returning to Louisiana, this time is no different. Yes, I am counting down the days - 25, in case you were wondering. This trip will be different then the rest though; with the day count at 10, it will be the longest amount of time I've spent there since I left at the end of summer 2008. (I'm also hoping a certain someone *cough, Kelsey Rogers, cough* will get to join me. They haven't seen us together since our very first visit back.) Shreveport has been graced with my presence many times since I left that summer but only for a few days at a time. And while I would much rather have short visits then no visits at all, it gets difficult. I'm so looking forward to seeing the kids and not having days jam-packed in order to see everyone. 


Life in Kansas City is wonderful, and continually gets better. I live in the hood with awesome people, have a good job, great friends, am part of an incredible family of believers, and am loved really well. I love it here, and know this is where the Lord has me, but my heart still longs for Louisiana. Each day brings the constant battle of living fully present here in Kansas City. Staying here was not my preference, but rather a matter of obedience to the Lord. Is it difficult to not be in Louisiana? Yes. But the Lord has greatly rewarded my obedience. 


My life is in Kansas City, but Louisiana is home.




I'm ready to feel the southern summer sun. 



1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I think we need to travel together sometime.

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.