Friday, December 17, 2010

In the End, the New Beginning

She looked at me and said, "I hope you don't expect me to have anything really cool planned, because I don't. I just wanted to spend time with you."

If she only knew how much her just wanting to spend time with me means.

I replied, "I don't care what we do. But I think we should set some ground rules: 1. I don't have to make any decisions. 2. Topics of conversation that are off limits: Hillcrest and Jenna."



And then we were off...
She introduced me to "crack tea" (which I didn't care for).
We did some Christmas shopping.
Spent WAY too much time in T.J. Maxx, but loved every second of it.
Figured out each others' favorite smells.
Laughed a lot.
Talked about normal things; you know, not work.
Sampled liquor that tasted like a cinnamon roll (or a Snickerdoodle, depending on your taste buds)
Did I mention we laughed a lot?
Basically, we spent a few hours learning how to just be friends.

And although I was exhausted, stressed out, and sick, all those things were put on hold for the few hours we spent together and I left her that evening feeling a little bit rejuvenated and pretty excited.


No comments:

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.