Sunday, October 24, 2010

Emerging Adulthood

We're all just taller children, we're all just taller children...

Adulthood is slowly creeping into my life.

There is a job description sitting in front of me -- it's for the Case Manager position at Hillcrest Transitional Housing.
It is MY job description.
Holy. Crap.

It all happened so fast. Within a day I went from a 22 year-old college student with no idea of what the future held, to a full-time employee of Hillcrest. My boss is now my co-worker. I have health insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, an office, and a business card.

Why, hello, adulthood.
You scare me -- but it's a healthy fear...I think.


On another note, I attended a beautiful wedding this weekend and got to spend time with some of my most favorite people. We danced, laughed, drank, enjoyed each other's company, cried with goodbyes, ate gluten-free food, and were merry. It was perfect. And it made me excited for our futures...together.


We're all just taller children, we're all just taller children,
in the end.

1 comment:

katiekathleen said...

I just discovered your blog and love this post, for a million reasons. I'm so glad you were there friend! Miss you.

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.