Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WOF

The wine flowed, the movie rolled, and gut-wrenching laughter filled the apartment.

Each moment like this one simultaneously heals my heart and breaks it all over again.

The past three days have turned my world upside down, making me question everything and hang my head in shame. I laugh it off with a delicate balance of bitterness and sarcasm, but the truth is still too hard to bare.

I am so proud of the people in my life, and wish them nothing but the best as they close this chapter of their lives and begin the next one. They will go out and do great things in the world like start a women's shelter in a border town, love people in Haiti, teach in Ecuador, use the language they love to serve, or nurse the patients of NKC Hospital. I'm happy for them.

As for me, I'll be here, struggling to finish reading this chapter.
Always have been a slow reader...

No comments:

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.