Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Unfamiliar Silence

These sea foam green walls are covered with the work of little artists. The warm Louisiana sun shines through the front windows.The familiar sounds of tools clincking against medal and Joe's voice carry in from outside. Every crack and corner of every room holds a sweet memory, and sitting here in the silence almost brings me to tears. This house holds a very important part of my past, and the people who fill it each day hold my heart.

Soon, the kids will dart up the stairs, pulling me away from my daydreaming, and act surprised when asked if they have homework. The silence will quickly evolve into an organized chaos of ABC's, time tables races, and complaints about completing homework.

But for now, for now I sit in silence and stare across the street at an old brick building which may just hold my next adventure...

No comments:

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.