Tuesday, September 22, 2009

These boots were made for walking.

sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same...


thud, thud, thud
The two-toned, borrowed boots were at least two sizes too big.
thud, thud, thump
There was no doubt that I was approaching as I strutted across campus and through the Union.
Did I look ridiculous?....Most likely.
Did I care?...Not at all.


Never have I understood more clearly than right now that sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same. The past few days have slapped me in the face, yet simultaneously provided comfort. It's not how I want it to be. It's not how I thought it would turn out. It's the healthiest decision for me at this point. It may be short term, possibly long term, or even permanent. And it's going to hurt like hell. But, it's time.


These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do.

No comments:

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.