Friday, September 4, 2009

As it Comes

Currently listening to: Bon Iver Pandora station
Current book: "A Problem From Hell" America and the Age of Genocide by Samantha Power
Current mood: relaxed with a dab of anxiety



Today marked the end of the first week of my senior year. Wow.
After hanging in limbo for two weeks, I am finally registered, moved in, settled, and (God willing) will graduate in May.

I will spare you all the "I can't believe I'm a senior" talk...even though I can't. It's times like these in life I am reminded how time flies; and the fact that over it I have absolutely no control. This year will be interesting--dynamics have changed, people (including myself) have changed, Jewell feels different. This is the beginning of the end.

Here are a few things I'm focusing on this year:
1. Less talk, more action.
I'm done simply talking about doing things, even if it means sometimes I fly solo.
2. No competition.
No longer will I compete for people's time. One sided friendships are a thing of my past.
3. One on one.
Never have I been good at handling large groups of people, even when they are some of my
closest friends; this year that fact has been exacerbated. For my sanity, I will spend the
majority of my time one on one or within smaller groups. It may seem silly, but I simply can't
handle most social situations.
4. Take life as it comes.
"Be here now." Live in the moment. Less worry. I'm going to make the most of these last
eight months of having a security net.



Overall, I'm excited. This is a critical point in our lives, and I look forward to sharing all that encompasses [joy, fear, stress, disappointment, the "lasts", triumph] with my classmates. The world is calling, but for now, let's hit the ignore button and enjoy each other.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love you. "I can't believe we are seniors." Yep. Continue sharing your heart. It's beautiful.

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.