Sunday, July 19, 2009

as the dawn breaks to day

Currently listening to: Mike Crawford and Liz's blow dryer
Current mood: relaxed
Looking forward to: this morning at the Well


Early morning is quickly becoming my favorite time of day.


For the past month and a half I have had an incredibly difficult time sleeping; it has eluded me for periods lasting days. But in the past week things have been looking up; while I am still not sleeping like a normal person would, I am getting a few consecutive hours each night. This brings me to my new love of early morning...

Typically, no matter what time I fall asleep, I wake up around 5 am. At first it frustrated me to no end, but I am learning to embrace it. So lately the following has become my morning routine:
hesitantly roll out of bed
flip on the coffee maker for hot water for my tea
turn on the episode of House I fell asleep watching the night before
by the time my tea is gone, House is usually over
spend a little time with Jesus
insert contacts into tired eyes
workout clothes and tennis shoes on
morning run

The doors of Melrose open and I enter the cool of the morning. The world is just waking up--sprinklers are quenching the thirsty grass, birds begin to chirp, the sun is opening it's sleepy eyes and pushing toward the horizon, throwing colors across the sky as if God took a paint brush to it. For a moment I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths of the crisp, cool morning air; it fills my lungs and eases my soul. As I exhale, the worries and stresses of the previous day are blown away. I am new. I am alone.
This is peace.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I have come to enjoy our little summer routines. I like laying on your bed and catching up before I sleep. I find it amusing to run into you in the morning when you head to bed and I head to work. And don't forget, checking out craigslist hotties and their pics. I appreciate you, suitemate.

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.