Saturday, April 11, 2009

My dearest Molly

Currently listening to: Fleet Foxes
Current struggle: jealousy
Currently missing: Molly
I've learned a lot about relationships this year.
Some people have proven themselves to me, others have not.
I've been let down...
and I've let others down.

Relationships are tricky; they take a tremendous amount of work. Over the past few years many of my relationships have changed...some for better, some for worse. But there has been one relationship, one person, I have always been able to count on--Molly.


Molly and I have been friends since the beginning of our journeys at Jewell. Living across the hall from me, she was my constant companion freshman year. Sophomore year found us paddling through the Everglades together, which only increased the depth of our relationship. And this year, well...she has watched me go through hell and back, and has not once left my side (except the whole going to Central America thing).

At only 22, Molly is already an incredible woman. She is humble, deep, intentional, content, hilarious, and real. Her quiet grace touches my heart. She is both rational and realistic. Willingly, and sometimes unknowingly, she shares her immense wisdom with me. She has an incredible ability to put me at ease. She is the one I turn to for advice--she's straight with me. She is truly a beautiful person, inside and out.

I miss her dearly, and am eagerly (and impatiently) awaiting our reunion. It's about time we get back to making excuses to go into Kansas City so we can go to Broadway Cafe to get hazelnut lattes. And for her to show up to breakfast 10 minutes before class starts. And I still have a lot to learn from her about bartering with the guys at Prospero's Bookstore. Mostly, I just need the only person I can truly count on back.

Friends often come and go, but if you're really lucky you'll get those few people who are truly significant in your life. I am convinced Molly is a friend for life. And I am incredibly blessed and honored to call her one of my dearest friends.

No comments:

 
Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.